Poetry competition CLOSED 20th July 2013 1:04am
WINNER
diddi (Paul Summerscales)
View Profile Poems by diddi
trophy
RUNNERS-UP: marielavoue and Kou_Indigo

Go to page:

Sudden Impact:  Battle Of The DUP Superheroes!

MadameLavender
Guardian of Shadows
United States 30awards
Joined 17th Feb 2013
Forum Posts: 2318

Poetry Contest

Face-off for the big winners around here!  
http://i425.photobucket.com/albums/pp333/LisaM0214/superheroes_zpsfc79778b.jpg

So now that we've had some competitions for the newbies/people who have yet to win, let's have one on the opposite end of the poet-spectrum, just for the Superhero-Poets!

How do you know if you're a DUP Superhero?  If you have, hmmm, let's say at least 25 wins to your name.  Sound like a good cutoff?  I think so.  So that means, you must have at least 25 wins in order to compete, and your assignment, should you choose to accept it, is to write a poem about your favorite superhero, or from their standpoint.  Here's a listing if you have trouble choosing:  

http://www.superherodb.com/characters/

Two entries max, no collabs (because you want this one all to yourself!), one week, any style/length, and the rest of us below 25 wins get to vote the winner.

So get your superhero powers on, all you Batmans, Wonder Women, Spidermen, etc. and get writing!  

Poetryman
Dangerous Mind
United States 10awards
Joined 14th Aug 2011
Forum Posts: 995

When you say 25 wins, do you mean 25 First place finishes, or 25 trophies that could be 1st, 2nd or 3rd? Not that it really matters to me, I don't have the numbers or the ego to enter such a competition, even though I have already written a poem about Thor, and some prose as well. But considering some of the favoristism I have seen in poetry contests here in the past, I am not so sure 25 wins makes anyone a superhero on DUP. I might use another word, but that's for a forum that isn't a contest. I really just want to clarify the rules...

JJ

MadameLavender
Guardian of Shadows
United States 30awards
Joined 17th Feb 2013

25 first place wins--if you see a 25 or greater next to your username then that's what you go by.  Superhero qualification-- it's all in good fun, and I had to pick something for a cutoff.  Thanks for asking and please don't sour this with snark, before it even gets going.  It's a bit tongue in cheek, there is no favoritism on my part and I have plenty more comp ideas coming along as I'm able to set them up.

LobodeSanPedro
Dangerous Mind
United States 49awards
Joined 16th Apr 2013
Forum Posts: 770

I think it's a great idea ML ... A little sad I don't qualify ; but I'm looking forward to the poetic "battle" between the heavyweights - getting my popcorn and soda ready

LSP

Gemini
Mr. Gemini
Fire of Insight
United States 9awards
Joined 28th Oct 2012
Forum Posts: 1102

I vote for Hemi. Oh wait, he's only got 7. Okay, Judas. Damn, he's also got 7. Maybe crim. Nope. 15. I know, I'll vote for Rachel. Shit, 14. Mrs. Gemini and dp only have one each and my sweet angel only has 3. Holly don't have shit. None of my heavyweight super heros seem to qualify. Booooo!!!

I'm just fucking around Madame. Cool idea! I think Strider's the only one to crack 50 so far. Lep and Grace should qualify. Maybe Jesta, diddi and Jack. Anyone else over 25?

LobodeSanPedro
Dangerous Mind
United States 49awards
Joined 16th Apr 2013
Forum Posts: 770

Gemini said: I'm just fucking around Madame. Cool idea! I think Strider's the only one to crack 50 so far. Lep and Grace should qualify. Maybe Jesta, diddi and Jack. Anyone else over 25?

Mikimoondancer and peacebeuntoyou aka Kitty qualify.

MadameLavender
Guardian of Shadows
United States 30awards
Joined 17th Feb 2013

Thanks guys! Will be putting up a comp for all as soon as we get a winner in "First Win"--wish we could do more than two at a time!

poet Anonymous

<< post removed >>
case28
Alexander Case
Fire of Insight
21awards
Joined 16th June 2013
Forum Posts: 972

I'm suggesting a Super Villains comp should also be run for DUP poets with under 25 wins. The top 3 winners from each of the heros and villains comps then do battle.... is that idea too evil???

Oh, another great comp idea MadameLavander... sorry to highjack your comp.

Gg78
let it be
Tyrant of Words
United States 25awards
Joined 5th Mar 2011
Forum Posts: 8869

I'm thinking I like your idea and would love to see those big dogs battle!

MadameLavender
Guardian of Shadows
United States 30awards
Joined 17th Feb 2013

case28 said:I'm suggesting a Super Villains comp should also be run for DUP poets with under 25 wins. The top 3 winners from each of the heros and villains comps then do battle.... is that idea too evil???

Oh, another great comp idea MadameLavander... sorry to highjack your comp.

You sort of read my mind Alexander!  I was going to throw up a superheroes and villains comp for everyone, but that's a good idea, too.  I'm not really getting any voting interest in the First Win comp, so I'm just gonna close that one out and set up another, but looks like the website is having difficulty right now and I presently can't choose a winner for that one.  Will check back later today to see if all's fixed...

In the meantime, what would everyone like to see for the next comp I put up--Alexander's idea, or just a general superhero/villian comp?  PM me to let me know, so we don't derail this one too much!

poet Anonymous

<< post removed >>
poet Anonymous

<< post removed >>
poet Anonymous

<< post removed >>
poet Anonymous

<< post removed >>
Go to page:
Go to: