Nature

raorrick
Rachel O.
Dangerous Mind
United States 14awards
Joined 17th Nov 2011
Forum Posts: 1593

Poetry Contest

Paint me a picture with your words using narute as your watercolors.
Use anything to do with nature as your metaphor. I realized I tend to do this a bit, and now I would like to see what you come up with.

New or old poems are allowed.
Infinite entries.
Any length or style.
Please title.
Check grammar and spelling.

poet Anonymous

<< post removed >>
raorrick
Rachel O.
Dangerous Mind
United States 14awards
Joined 17th Nov 2011

:D thanks milkyway for being my first entrant...I love it!

mjs211
MikeTheEngineer
Guardian of Shadows
United States 17awards
Joined 22nd Aug 2010
Forum Posts: 1546

golden age

the morning bird perches fat and proud on the rooftops
belts out his song of the airy state of the world as he sees it
bursting with pomp and pride
little feathered head full of steam
i hear him down below but his confident trills
fail to register with my fading senses

seems he's spent so long on the rooftops
he's forgotten what the torn-up concrete looks like
between sooty cracked-plaster walls
can't fault him for staying up there i suppose

i head back inside and flip on the news
where my proud congressman's mapped the path
for our grand auld nation in its golden age

i turn off the tv and head back outside
to listen to the birds

poet Anonymous

<< post removed >>
raorrick
Rachel O.
Dangerous Mind
United States 14awards
Joined 17th Nov 2011

Thanks Mike and Aish for your entries! :D

poet Anonymous

<< post removed >>
poet Anonymous

<< post removed >>
poet Anonymous

<< post removed >>
poet Anonymous

<< post removed >>
poet Anonymous

<< post removed >>
raorrick
Rachel O.
Dangerous Mind
United States 14awards
Joined 17th Nov 2011

Loving it so far :)

poet Anonymous

<< post removed >>
Greyfox95
Alecia Henderson
Twisted Dreamer
United States 1awards
Joined 9th June 2012
Forum Posts: 7

Idle Seashore

Unmistakably beautiful does it have me enthralled so, the ocean so deep of the color blue that contrasts the shade near the heavens, portrayed so flawlessly as it reflects the golden star so perfectly upon the calm surface. Speckles of white seem to engulf my blue yonder, up ahead only lays a vast wall of impenetrable grey that restrains my curiousity and eager eyes. However, no matter how much it lays in such a thick layer, it plays an astonishing role of manipulating colors of grey into an orange that possesses a delicious sensation that carries peace into your soul. The soothing sound of the waves that come together, collide into nothingness, subsiding into a great conclusion of stillness that break apart toward the shore, breathes so salty, brings your soul to an incomprehensible feeling of serenity that the brashness of words could not describe such an experience that lifts your soul, warms your heart. I am then jealous of the lone bird that flies so freely with the warm winter breath of wind, so free..take me with you

Greyfox95
Alecia Henderson
Twisted Dreamer
United States 1awards
Joined 9th June 2012
Forum Posts: 7

Memories

It was a taste of summer. The slight breeze rustled with my hair. I was taken back, as if a time machine engulfed my mind. The smell of the ocean teased my senses, brought peace that carried deep within the soul. Memories flickered tenuously, but were quite vivid as my surroundings played along with them. It was a rhythmical melody, it sang my heart alive. Where was I? Physically present, but mentally adrift in the veil of clouds. It was raining pretty hard, but the doting, warm drops fell as if gravity was in favor to the sullen earth that craved to be soddenly quenched. The veiw of the bay near and far resembled what I once new. Erosion and the hands of the clock seem to carry on regardless of what we wish to stay. It's not so much that we dwell upon those that inevitably change, but the memories tied to the ocean and intrinsic woods take you back to a time in which we had no sense of time whatsoever. Childhood. This spot that I now sit, it has altered through the sands of time. It represents that even no matter how much happiness has been instilled to something so beautiful, that no matter what, it fades away slowly but drastically. So gradual you don't feel it occurring, not until you compare it to what was prior.

Go to page:
Go to: